Free counter and web stats

Friday, November 2, 2007

eggplant! eek

despite my repeated words of rants regarding my distaste towards egg plant, the person who served me the food i ordered DELIBERATELY scooped some egg plant for me!!! My gosh! told her a million times that i DIDN'T want that! Gross. guess what she said?!

"just try la"

SIAN man! don't like means don't like woah!

haiyo. make me act so childish. Different people have different preferences man. Learn to appreciate that!

Makes me think of variances in data analysis. Was just reading the prologue and stuff, well, not really, more towards this page in between chapters that speak of how and why we switch from probability to statistical analysis and the sort. It speaks of how important variability is in life. talks about how freshmen can get great average but do worse in the 2nd year .. haha. so random. sounds like me, if only i got a great average in 1st year. somehow, it ended up speaking of stuff that AJohan would like. Management =x well, it is interesting, when u can apply to life. but i don't think i would take out a calculator and start counting the probability and make hypothesis test and figuring out the sample size to use to ensure accuracy encouraged through the use of aggressive regression series unless i really need to. or my boss tells me to.

entrepreneur finance. it clashes with actuarial modelling 1 but i'm hoping i still can take it. If my cards are played right, i might even get a 3 day week next sem! (keeps fingers crossed)

im bored of just staring at my lecture notes and textbook and copying every detail. but still, it makes me appreciate the work sometimes. Never realised until this point of time the amount of work we were supposed to have learnt.

I don't think my study pattern is right.

Here should be a new resolution. to REALLY review my work and to QUESTION every single detail. Seems like i'm just browsing through my lectures and accepting every thing they say without memorising too much. I assumed earlier that my 'studying' for a subject was done. Unfortunately, i was proven wrong when my friend asked me a question. and what cuts the cake (is the phrase like this) is that my other coursemates are able to understand the question and seem to answer the way the lecturer would! proness. doomness to me.

*on a separate note. i realised i don't have the resources to stay in melbourne after i grad next year. unless i work here, which i need PR for, which i need to work for 2 years to obtain. Thus the vicious cycle. Ultimately, Singapore here I come. I don't think i'm going to adjust well back into the super competitive system there. i got to start making the most of what i can do here. apologies for being super duper 'slow' in learning and understanding and adapting for the past 3 years here. Yes, i don't act like i've been here 3 years. still dependent. still not grown up. imagine me working in 2 years time. Unimaginable. what has the past 3 years done to shape me? =x that's another story to be shared another time.

No comments: