Free counter and web stats

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Right in mind, right in life

When you have a right picture in mind, you usually can get it right in life, or at least get it in the right direction.

what mental picture do you have about the christian faith in the mind and brain?

- living by rules, doing enough right things?

Paul's picture based on the book of Galatians.

Christians are people who
- are free as the Children of God
- whose faith are expressed in love
- have freedom to serve others in love
- turn from sin to guarding this freedom.

Some practical ways include the way we love each other as a response to God's love.

- listening to their issues and needs
- the way we speak WITH and ABOUT each other.. [personally, i think this is one of the more important things. Knowing when to speak and when NOT to speak. It's always my weakness]

***

Indeed, what mental picture do I have? I don't think mine is clear at all! No wonder I struggle even when studying. I used to be super rigid in studies as well. Like, I MUST finish one chapter tonight.. then find that I can't.. and just leave it at that.. But now.. I hardly even plan! hai. It'll be unrealistic to finish Corporate Finance by tomorrow.. Bah.

***

Forgiveness:

Forgiveness is really an offensive idea. Frankly, I never really thought about it that way, though I've heard about it many times.


It's like when we've done something wrong, we often don't want to admit it when we can't fix it. It's just offensive when I have to rely on the grace of someone else to forgive me for my mistake and help me through the redemption. It's admitting that we are powerless.

This is just so humanistic. To want to remain in control despite our inability to do so. That is probably one of the reason why people find it hard to commit their lives to God I guess.

It is also probably one of the reason why I have yet to commit my entire life to God as well. But is there something such as committing half my life to God? This selfish creature wants options, wants the option to do her own will.

But why remain in this limited world when there is a greater world after this has faded? That's why we need to have this right picture in our mind, to have the right perspective in life, to look forward to what is beyond.

***

shall force myself to sleep early after these two days of slacking. it's time to start mugging.

No comments: