Free counter and web stats

Friday, August 8, 2008

Popiah Making


Tried making Popiah yesterday together with the 3 med kids =D

Pictures taken quite blur though =x hai. Shall focus properly next time before clicking.

Ingredients:

Lettuce
Egg
Dao Gey (bean sprouts)
Prawns
Crushed Peanuts
Cooked (turnip,carrots,mushrooms)
Mango (optional)
Green parsley?
Sweet sauce =)

Normally, in Singapore, my family of 5-6 usually orders 2 popiah from the hawker centre as appetizers and @ the beginning, I REFUSED to even try it.. cause it reminded me of rojak which is full of tou kau (those tou fu that's super dry) and I just hated those. Only bits I liked about both fares were the heaty peanuts they came with. Haha!

So one day, I decided to try one piece of popiah (each popiah was cut into 5-6 pieces as well i think) because I was hungy. It actually tasted quite sweet! =D *Yum*

Haha.. last night, because there were 4 of us and 20 skins that we bought.. we had to eat 5 each!! Oh man.. it's like super overdose.. furthermore, having it as dinner.. without meat (the amount of prawn was too little to count) .. That was a bit too much for me.. Haha.. Jkjk.. more like the excess amounts of super healthy vegetables available.. the taste of grass =x eek.. Good thing I added mango of which the sweetness has thankfully covered much of the veg taste.. =DD

Going to try fried carrot cake if i can find the salted radish? Should learn to, once again, open my golden mouth to ask the store keepers..

No comments: