Free counter and web stats

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Fried carrot cake







Trial preparation in awaiting the arrival of National Day 2008!







Happy 43rd birthday Singapore! It's going to be the first time in Australia that I'm celebrating with others :) Didn't really think about it in trinity year and for the past 2 years, I've been performing in CMG as a flautist in a musical each year! Despite harbouring thoughts on celebrations, could never really back out of a performance out of responsibility.

Pot luck tomorrow @ Duane's. Have yet to see anyone's place in Seasons so I thought it would be a good chance to have a look around =)

Outcome: Varied my ingredients .. instead of buying fresh radish, I bought salted ones .. STILL had to cut it in the end =x darn. Maybe i should have just bought fresh radish. Lesson to learn =p Haha. Also, one thing i keep forgetting.. to add flour to water.. not water to flour!! As a result, despite steaming for 30 mins, i think it looked exactly the same =( Was wondering if I should have just bought the 'radish cake' pre made already @ the market earlier today. But then I had already bought the rice flour last night @ safeway.. Haha. Maybe next time i'll try again. =)

*grading for wushu is in 2 weeks' time! Goal: To finish 5 stance and liu he each in 20 seconds?? What a far away goal!*

No comments: