Free counter and web stats

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

ow ow ow!!

Overexerted myself, i believe.

A suggestion by Lai-dia to log the amount of exercise i did. Feeling lazy to do this elsewhere so bear with me while i be self centred and just jot it down here.

First consistent exercise in a long time started on Saturday.

Dr Dot came down to melbourne and a few of us went for a Hip Hop class in east richmond @ the dance factory which ms Dot claims to have trained the people in Mamma Mia. However, the class I went for was both expensive ($18!!) and not all that professional.

First fault: Warm-up. Granted that the time available was short (1hr) but he has some weird stretching exercises [like, facing front and moving your head left, right, left, right according to some rhythm] XXXXX so wrong! it should be just tilting your head in a direction (say, left), hold it for a few seconds before doing the same in the other direction!

2nd Fault: Not so clear instructions. He simply does most actions without explaining too much. Perhaps I'm quite used to that in uni, where they explain quite slowly, left hand, right leg kind of thing. He just used the rhythm to emphasize the action's timing without much elaboration!

The plan to surf @ torquay was cancelled as we were all fearing the cold (and the total numbness).

So, instead, we ended up going to Dot's club house to gym (did rowing and abit of weights before being pulled to.. swim..)

Sunday, meant to play bball after service. The wet weather meant that the guys playing ended up more with a "skating" sport than a "running around to catch the ball" sport as they slid from one end of the court to the other.

Took some time before Adeline decided to go to Princes Park for a jog. Joined her for one round and did abit of stretching from wushu while she played frisbee!


Monday - jogged 1.5 rounds @ Flagstaff gardens

Today - jogged 1 round around Princes Park before Lydia joined me for a 2nd round. Cooled down in btw.

During my first round, despite my slow pace (which helped me run about 3.1+km in 24 mins) I could feel my heart pounding hard against my ribcage! =x Weirdly, when I ran with Lydia (which started out faster) I didn't have any problems with a fast heart rate.

After which, had breakfast with her before meeting Charis in the gym to do a bit of gym weight lifting. For once, i could feel my LEFT side working hard. Usually I get the feeling that my right side overexerts to compensate for the lack of strength in my left. so yay!

Chatted a while before going for wushu. So many new people, probably just coming for a free trial lesson. =p It was hard to do the kicks and the stretches today because of the pain exerting from my limbs.. =x Got to perfect my xiao liu he abit more though =) Skipping much of the spin kicks, cart wheels and jump kicks due to my ankle.

current ow ow ow refers to my left ankle (sprained many times before), my right thigh, and my left calves!! Hope i can recover in time to do a jog after lectures tomorrow.

I'm nuts. Today was really just a sports day. =)

No comments: