Free counter and web stats

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Happy 7 - 11 day!

Say that (refer to title) to the malay/indian guy behind the counter in any 7-11 store and you get a free small size slurpie worth A$1.70 on 7th November 2007 from 7am to 11pm!

Imagine that the guy in charge just stares at you like you are out of your mind.

These were the commments found on facebook within this group formed.

I told myself to try it but given the absentminded nature i had developed (more to elaborate to come) i forgot. But apparently my housemate did not.

She came home BANGING on my door (i closed it coz i was afraid she'll catch me watching movies and not studying =p) claiming that the 7-11 gimmick was actually real! and in her hands stood a small cup of slurpie!! How interesting! that time was about 9pm and I was thinking if i should go out to get one too (there was one less than a street away anyway). Overheard their conversation (her BF was there too) and apparently they wanted to try another 7-11 store! So i decided to head out and get some 'fresh air' (after all that sitting in front of the computer watching "night listener")

After getting my first slurpie (my housemate's 2nd and her bf's 3rd?) further down in north melbourne, we headed to the one a street away from my place. Apparently, they had just gone there before dinner to get theirs so they kinda just stood around. The one i took turned out sloppy and wet and i just stood there, not knowing what to do! good thing the attendent came out and helped me out =D whee. and here's the funny bit..

"hey, do you want one too?"

he addressed my housemate and her bf! haha.. so they got another one! they were claiming earlier that they were full and didn't wanna ask for another one.. LOL. boy were they pleasantly surprised =D

later found out that my tongue turned super duper red!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

haha.

oh regarding that elaboration on my absentmindedness.. the story goes like this..

I remembered feeling super excited.. about something i didn't really know much about and would like to find out more.. i clicked open a new tab.. typed in google.com .. arranged my hands in the usual typing position when...
















i started turning around and ... wondering what was it i was going to type!!!

OH MY GOSH! it takes only a split second for the new tab to open, for me to type google.com (trust me, i know my speed).. I simply can't believe that i forgot what it was! i could feel myself all ready to type.. the excitement building up and..!! super anticlimax-ly empty!

bah

back to my studies which i've successfully neglected for the past 2 - 3 days by distracting myself with manga, movies and msn.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: