Free counter and web stats

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Revived

It's been ages since i've posted in a public blog. Perhaps i should have, but at the beginning of this year, i reckoned that my thoughts were too flawed to be shown to the public so i kept my blog secret and eventually stopped posting.

A request to start blogging. maybe it's time to stop being so protective, after all, no one else is perfect. I should stop being so anti-social and start living a life again.

Just a note of warning to new readers, I tend to over focus on myself so it gets boring. But I'll try to be more observant and list these observations instead. =p

Anyhow, it'll be interesting to share something that happened quite randomly yesterday.

Had made plans to go to the gym fitness classes but this guy, looking quite distressed came up to me and asked if i wanted to work. I thought to myself, ya, duh, given that my parents have been nagging at me since year 1 for me to do so, just that i had been lazy all these time. I told him, sure. Ultimately, this conversation headed down the lane where he ended up bringing me to this shop somewhere nearby (about 5 mins drive away)

Yes, it seemed foolish and all (given that i just met this guy), but it's actually quite fun to have unexpected events happening. I used to be a planner and things don't always go my way and it gets frustrating.

So i ended up working for him, doing manual job. Had agreed to 2 hours but worked for 3 hours instead. It was quite scary at first because i had roughly finished what he instructed me to do within 2.5 hours and he had somehow disappeared. Thoughts ran wild in my head then. "it's 1230pm already! doesn't he know i wanted to go off by then? should i just leave? what about my pay? (which was minimum wages btw) is he trying to cheat me? (oh ye of little faith) i'm late for the soccer match! oh man oh man.." i seriously panicked as time passed .. during this time, i kept scolding myself for doing such a foolish thing, of entering the truck, of not getting his number, of just agreeing without much hesitation without fear of being tricked.. but after a while, i had to force myself to calm down and have more faith in him (i seriously watched too many shows where there are just so many 'bad guys' out to get us 'innocents')

Thank God that he eventually returned and that i was able to get to the soccer match that afternoon and even play in it =D whew. Soccer match against OCF melb uni was good. lost 3-4. sustained a few injuries but what's the point of going to war without being able to show a few battle scars? Haha. The purpose of exercising is to obtain sores and aches to justify the time spent on it.

Been spending more time on exercise than necessary. Much less on studies. Feeling that after exercise at least i feel productive, but when studying, i usually still am unable to complete assignments/tutorials. But according to viv's housemate, who is my coursemate, i am quite hardworking at least doing the bare minimum necessary for tutorials. It's not enough. It's not enough. Yet i never want to do more =x

Today at church, according to one of the aunties in church, i was bright. No, not bright in the sense that i was smart, but outstanding in strikingly obvious red while the rest of the overseas students dressed in dark gloomy colours. no wonder i hesitated wearing that today.. =p

alright, random words that consumed half an hour or so. back to asymmetric information that provokes signaling and screening.

No comments: